During the heat wave we had in August I read an article about penguins. They are very interesting animals and here are some fun facts about them.
– Penguins are flightless birds.
– While other birds have wings for flying, penguins have adapted flippers to help them swim in the water.
– Most penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere.
– The Galapagos Penguin is the only penguin species that ventures north of the equator in the wild.
– Large penguin populations can be found in countries such as New Zealand, Australia, Chile, Argentina and South Africa.
– No penguins live at the North Pole.
– Penguins eat a range of fish and other sealife that they catch underwater.
– Penguins can drink sea water.
– Penguins spend around half their time in water and the other half on land.
If you like to crochet this fun animal here’s my FREE crochet pattern for you! click: https://essiebirdies.wordpress.com/patterns/
For the ice cream application I refer to https://raffamusadesigns.com/category/free-crochet-patterns/applique/
I made the penguin with my favorite cotton yarn: Schachenmayr Catania: https://schachenmayr.com/en You find all information about colors and hook size in the pattern.
I share my crochet patterns for FREE so everyone gets the chance to crochet for example this penguin. Please don’t take advantage of my patterns. If you like my designs and want to support me, you can buy me a coffee! Click: https://ko-fi.com/essiebirdies
I love to see your penguin on Instagram/Facebook! if you tag me @essiebirdies or use #essiebirdiespattern I can see your creation and share in my stories!